Kindergarten (TK) &
Mixed Age Group — 4.5 through 6 years
We understand that each kindergartener is unique and at different stages of development, so we don’t compare abilities or encourage competition. Rather, we observe each child’s interests and build individualized lesson plans around them. When they graduate, they’ll have mastered their curriculum and be confident in taking the next steps of their educational journey.
Our Montessori Kindergarten Program
The combined Transitional Kindergarten (TK) and Kindergarten program is for students who wish to continue Montessori schooling through age 6. They master math, reading, and writing before transitioning to public or private schools. Graduates have gone on to academic excellence in their current schools, and many are in accelerated programs.
Our Kindergarten curriculum is an expanded version of the preschool curriculum. Children are given more detail and are challenged to plan out in-depth activities.
Sample Kindergarten lessons include:
- Reading — Sounds, letters, letterboxes, phonetic words, flash cards, books
- Writing — Upper & lower case letters, numbers 1-1,000, word lists, and word building
- Numbers — Decimal system, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication & division with 1, 2, and 3 digit numbers
- Science — The human body, animal & plant classifications, etc.
- Geography — Countries, land formations, continents, oceans, states, and flags